Welcome to December where we are still experiencing mild weather, strong winds and some rain so far. Temperatures may indeed drop dramatically over the next few weeks so be aware and keep some frost protection fabric close to hand.
With Christmas just around the corner our thoughts are clearly on the festive season. Don’t forget to order your Christmas trees, wreaths and advent rings in plenty of time.
- We are now open on Sundays until Christmas from 11 am onwards. Generally parking is somewhat easier on a Sunday in this area.
- Spring-flowering bulbs are still available and our range of bulbs for 2015 is on display inside our shop. Plant bulbs when you have the opportunity to create an inexpensive but valuable addition to your spring-flowering garden.
- We still have a selection of evergreen shrubs in stock now – including pieris, viburnums, azaleas, rhododendrons and skimmias.
- Poinsettias of all colours and sizes are now available in stock and to order.
- The box tree caterpillar continues to be a serious problem in this area. Check all your buxus plants and take action if necessary as soon as possible, because delay will result in you losing your favourite plants or topiary. Be aware that this problem will likely re-occur next spring when the weather warms up again and that you should continue to monitor into next year.
- Order wreaths and advent rings from our florists – call Kelly on 0207 937 0481.
- Christmas trees are now on sale and vary in size from one to six metres, please give us a call for prices and delivery options.
- Our collection of tools from Spear & Jackson, the Kew Gardener collection, is one of the best available and has proved to be a great success with our landscapers and customers.
- Our cards from the Natural History Museum’s Archivist collection are both beautiful and inexpensive and provide a lovely way to send message with a floral gift.
- We stock all the necessary components for irrigation systems from both Hozelock and Gardena – but bear in mind that all irrigation systems should be ‘drained down’ before the frosty weather arrives.
- Garden maintenance and one off visits can be arranged by our garden services department. Please speak to Patrick Green or Daniel Duke on 07813602409 or visit their website rassellsgardens
- We are looking forward to a busy Christmas season – let us hope that the weather becomes gradually colder rather than a sudden drop in temperature. rassells