Classes on landscape painting and life drawing will be held at beautiful Leighton House Museum during September. The classes will run alongside an exhibition of delicate sketches and studies to life-size portraits, full colour landscapes and nudes by both established and aspiring artists. There will be detailed step-by-step explanations of how the paintings were made.
Here are the classes and workshops to inspire you:
– Tuesday 8th September 6.30pm – 9pm: Panel discussion: Painting from life- why bother? Wednesday 12 September 10am to 1pm: Landscape workshop
– Saturday 16th September 11am – 3pm: Material workshop
– Tuesday 22nd September 1 – 4pm: Life drawing
– Tuesday 22nd September 6.30pm – 8.30pm: From pest to palaces, the extraordinary careers of Philip de Laszio
– Thursday 24th September 6.30pm – 9pm: Museum Late & Live, portrait painting demonstration.
To book email [email protected] and the exhibition ‘The craft of drawing and painting: celebrating tradition today’ is from Tuesday 1st September – Friday 4th October, £7. No need to book. leightonhousemuseum